Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Notorious Nineteen

By Janet Evanovich

I don't think there's a single Stephanie Plum book I don't like, reading one is like eating a candy bar--it's quick and really great while it lasted. With over 20 books in this series, there does emerge a recurring pattern but the characters are so enjoyable I don't really mind. Nineteen was no different, with bounty hunter Stephanie (and Lula) chasing after FTAs (failure to appear) and getting all her cars blown up. If you've never read any of this series you could jump right in the middle and not be too lost, but it is so much more satisfying to begin with "One for the Money" (once you get past the whole Jersey attitude thing). In Nineteen, Stephanie does a little more self-psychology on her place in life, and I get the feeling that we may not see too many more of the Plum series. The book doesn't "end" but there is a weird cozy finality to it that made me feel that way--it could end here and I'd be happy. But who knows, there may be many more due to the release of the movie "One for the Money."

Ranger-Babe

~ Becky

No comments: