Monday, February 24, 2014

Too Many Murders



By Colleen McCullough
Audiobook format

It is April 1967 in Holloman, Connecticut, where 12 murders have taken place in one day in this normally quiet town. Chief of Detectives Carmine Delmonico finds himself in the middle of the investigation of these seemingly unrelated murders that are entwined in a web of secrets.

 I didn't realize that this is the sequel to 'On, Off' until I was half-way through the audiobook, but I never felt confused about the characters or elements of the story.

'Too Many Murders' has mystery, murder and espionage, while maintaining a warmth in the interactions between the characters. One criticism of this book is that there are too many characters to keep track of; I disagree, but I would say that the reader needs to pay attention - this isn't a light read.

 ~ Paula

No comments: