Tuesday, October 25, 2016

the life she wants

By Robyn Carr

I almost stopped reading this novel. The background of the story focuses on a Ponzi scheme which is something that is so objectionable to me that I soon had had enough. But I am such a fan of Robyn Carr I thought that I would persevere and read to the end and I’m glad I did.

Emma’s dream life is shattered by her husband’s many extremely bad choices. She is left with nothing and goes back to her home town to try to start living a “normal life”. One of her best friends welcomes her with open arms and a place to stay. Her other best friend, from whom she has been estranged for years does not. Life is very hard and but she is determined to be a survivor.

If you like a good story about powerful women that is thought-provoking with a good touch of humor, you will enjoy “the life she wants”.

~ Beckie



No comments: