Saturday, July 19, 2014

Decorate Fearlessly: Using whimsy,confidence, and a dash of surprise to create deeply personal spaces


By Susanna Salk

As a huge consumer of all things related to decorating, I am always excited to see a new book on this topic hit our shelves. The title "Decorating Fearlessly" describes my style - I paint everything that is not nailed down!

Having said this, I was very disappointed by this book. Although there are hundreds of full-color photos, there is very little text and no "how to's" for those of us who enjoy doing it ourselves. There were 3 or 4 designs that I found interesting, but I usually devour decorating books. (I do like the entry hall design on page 120 and the dining room on page 142.)

If you enjoy leafing through decorating books and enjoy a more bizarre style in your home than I do, this book may be for you!

~ Paula

No comments: