Monday, May 19, 2014

Waking the Dead

By Heather Graham
Audiobook version

Michael Quinn and Dani Cafferty are reunited again in this book. It is the second in the Cafferty and Quinn series, the first book being Let the Dead Sleep. I have mixed feelings about this story. The mystery of the haunted painting, "The Ghosts of the Mind", painted in the 1800's by a (fictional) friend of Mary Shelley (Frankenstein's creator) had an interesting back-story, but it became more and more unbelievable as the story progressed.

I enjoyed the New Orleans setting and the relationship between Dani, Michael and Dani's shop employees and friends. I liked the wealthy and spunky new character, Hattie. But a murderous painting that is reactivated by blood - really? I will read the next installment in the series, but I hope that it is more believable.

~ Paula

No comments: