Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thug Kitchen

Not for the faint of heart, this cookbook is filled to the brim with words I won’t print here! It has its own website, Facebook page (with over a half million fans), Twitter feed, Tumblr account, and YouTube video (with “explicit” warning). The recipes are all very well explained, wonderful tips on food preparation scattered throughout, and it uses ingredients that I don’t have in my house but probably should. Most cookbooks that have these all-natural healthy meals (stuff like quinoa salad and red lentil burgers) are pretentious sounding, but this one is full of obscenities and luscious pictures. I can’t say I tried any of the recipes, because I just don’t keep chia seeds in my cupboard, but it made for a very entertaining read!


--Becky

No comments: