Monday, July 20, 2015

Nobody’s Cuter Than You

A Memoir About the Beauty of Friendship
By Melanie Shankle

This is a book about friendships. Not the electronic kind of friendships. The real flesh and blood, right next to you, no typing required friends. (No offense to social media users-I am one too).

I could relate to her stories even though I am far from a child of the 80’s. With wit and humor Melanie introduces you to her friends from early childhood to crazy teen years, college days and into married life. The book made me think of my friends and reminded me to continue to invest time in them.

I read this on my Kindle but would really like to have this book in my home library so I could re-read and highlight her many words of wisdom such as: “friendships are fragile and we need to handle them with respect and reverence”.
I highly recommend this book.

~ Dixie

No comments: