Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Rosie Project

By Graeme Simsion

As sometimes happens, I listened to and blogged The Rosie Effect (the sequel to this book) a little more than a month ago. I knew that I would like this book because I enjoyed The Rosie Effect a great deal. Knowing how the book would end did not diminish my enjoyment of The Rosie Project. 

Don Tillman is extremely intelligent but he is also a bit over the top, a bit autistic (maybe) and a bit overwhelmed by the challenges in his life, especially in his search for a wife. He has a hard time fitting in socially and is looking for a wife via a survey he has devised. He is looking for the perfect woman but finds Rosie, who according to his survey is far from the perfect woman. 

This comedy had me laughing repeatedly. I recommend that you listen to The Rosie Project then The Rosie Effect, but in whatever order, they are both lots of fun. (Dan O’Grady’s Australian accent makes the entire experience even better.)

~ Beckie H.

No comments: